April 09, 2012

Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid (OCFA)

Many years ago, I found the Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid web site. I have found ancestors and their cemetery locations through this database. I found Joseph Haynen and his family at Sandy Hill, Prescott, Grenville, Augusta and L&G-87-2, a book created by Leeds & Grenville Branch, OGS.

With the new Haynen information I found on the 1851 Census, I wondered if there was some new listings at the OCFA. Yes, there are new listings!

HAYNEN, Mary St James Anglican Grenville Augusta L&G-99-2-2

HAYNEN, Rebecca Port Hope Union Northumberland Hope LSGS-103

HAYNEN, William St James Anglican Grenville Augusta L&G-99-2-2

I thought it was odd that Rebecca was listed by her maiden name, since she was married to Francis Walker in 1864. I did a search for Francis in the same area.

WALKER, Francis (h/o Rebecca Haynen) Port Hope Union Northumberland Hope LSGS-103

It's still interesting that Rebecca is listed by her maiden name, but this is definitely her and her husband.

Next step was to find someone in Ontario that lives nearby these locations and can they provide additional information like birth and death dates.

No comments: